Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/actkmor/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Actkm Survey - Mailing list Moderation
actKM Forum Home

September 22, 2017, 09:40:27 PM | Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Welcome to the Bulletin Board if you have not already done so please register

+  actKM Bulletin Board
|-+  General Bulletin Board
| |-+  ActKM Surveys (Moderators: RonRogers, Mark Schenk)
| | |-+  Actkm Survey - Mailing list Moderation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Should the actKM discussion list be moderated?
Yes   -16 (84.2%)
No   -3 (15.8%)
Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Actkm Survey - Mailing list Moderation  (Read 22755 times)
RonRogers
Global Moderator

« on: May 26, 2006, 12:39:03 PM »

With the debate going on we are asking for your input on the Moderation issue for the email discussion list. Do you feel that the list should be moderated or left unmoderated.

We really need to get a feel on what the membership thinks so please vote and if you have any comments good or bad this is the place to to let them out.

Anyone can vote you do not have to register on this forum to participate, you may also leave a comment (for that you will have to join, this is so we know who you are).

Sorry you will need to register to vote.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 05:58:19 PM by RonRogers » Logged

Ron Rogers
Weby Systems
Mark Schenk

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 03:41:26 PM »

When providing your comments, it would be really useful to relate examples of where moderation has impacted upon you either positively or negatively. Alternatively your examples of not even being aware of moderation would also be very informative.
kvivian

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 04:25:33 PM »

I have been moderated twice when I replied hotly to what I considered to be needless personal attacks.  The moderation was handled discreetly and professionally, with prompt explanations given together with suggestions about what I could do to make my reply message more acceptable.  I didn't mind, and later realized that the moderator was absolutely right and did me a favor.  I like having moderators overseeing the community.  It is nice knowing that someone will keep the personal attacks under control, and helps members to trust that they will be treated fairly.  Trust is vital for community success.  Moderation also enhances the overall quality of the content.  I think the moderators do a fantastic job!  Thank you!

Kaye Vivian
Alan

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 06:25:28 PM »

I have been moderated twice, in both cases the moderation was conducted in a very polite and professional manner. The aim was not to "censor" what I wanted to say, but to ensure that my message was received in a suitable manner for a fairly open forum as this.

I would rather a degree of moderation (not censorship) to stop unnecessary flamewars and spam.

Alan Dyer
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who can count in binary, and those who can't."
Nerida Hart

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 07:39:47 PM »

As one of the moderators who gets to see just what gets rejected and why, I would support moderation (although I am not 100% sure I want to continue to do this after this debate and having been on the receiving end of this)

I am also a member of another list which is not moderated and it has been rabid at times.  Between the racial prejudice and the bigotry around religion on the other list I am all for moderation - just to remind participants that good manners don't cost anything if nothing else.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length